You will be integral to IE delivering smarter, healthier & sustainable projects for leading organisations joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting-edge solutions within IE. We are seeking a Services Business Development Manager, to provide support to the business in the UK, with a high focus on a major national client. Reporting directly to the Head of Services, this role will have responsibility for increasing sales and relationships for Insightful Environments.
Role Requirements – What are we looking for?
- A full UK (Manual) Driving License.
- Team player used to the complex nature of office/fit-out environment.
- Commercial-related industry experience.
- Proven track record in new business sales in a direct customer-facing role.
- Commercial Interiors industry experience necessary.
- Possessing the necessary energy and enthusiasm to compete and win in a very competitive environment.
- Living within commuting distance of London.
- Excellent eye for detail – understanding of “What good looks like”
- Effective negotiating skills
- Can-do attitude to resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good personal organisational skills
- Good verbal communications skills
- Advanced MS Office Skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Role Responsibilities – What would you be doing?
- Achieve individual annual sales targets at pre-agreed margins year 1 - in line with company forecast.
- Assume full responsibility for the sales process.
- Provide accurate forecasting and weekly updates.
- Develop and maintain a strong business pipeline.
- Attend several new appointments each week as agreed with the Head of Services.
- Manage time accordingly to visit clients, manage opportunities and lead generation.
- Owns Services revenue streams in Moves, Churn, Storage, Refurbishments, buy back etc.
- Generate Revenue in line with Budget.
- Leverage internal resources to maximise ROI.
- Maintain CRM to track sales opportunities.
- Identify new revenue stream opportunities.
- Support ESG strategy through sustainable procurement records.
- Develops strong relationships with Sales teams to develop service sales opportunities.
- Deliver operating profit in line with budget.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 1 extra day for your birthday.
- Pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Employee discounts and benefits scheme that includes options such as cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, private health care.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Commitment to continued professional development with internal and external training courses as well as support for further job-related education.
We’re one of the UK’s largest integrated furniture and workplace design companies. More than 60 workplace experts who use furniture, design and insights to create better work experiences, wherever work happens.
We work across the UK from three locations in London, Rainham and Leeds. We partner with some of the largest companies in the world, helping transform interiors into desirable, sustainable and innovative working environments.
We're also part of Steelcase, a global company with more than 11,000 employees. Steelcase is the global leader in office furniture, interior architecture and space solutions for offices which helps us stay at the forefront of changing office design trends and workplace research.
Using our core values to guide commitments and fuel action, we are shaping a future that continues to protect the environment, fosters transformational social impact and sustains a culture where all people feel empowered.
- Tell the truth: Making sure we act honestly in everything we do.
- Act with integrity: We act with integrity at all times building trust and confidence at every opportunity.
- Keep commitments: Never knowingly letting each other or customers down, respecting the commitments others make to you.
- Treat people with dignity and respect: We have a shared purpose, and empathy/support for the people around us.
- Promote positive relationships: We have a shared business purpose that nurtures the well-being of staff and supports the community around us.
- Protect the environment: Making sure everything we do is sustainable, to understand our clients and develop sustainable workplaces that work for them.
- Excel: Always working hard and supporting each other, showing leadership and going the extra mile.
Insightful Environments is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. It seeks to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their individual skills and abilities regardless of race, colour, nationality, creed, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Our teams are amazing – we can’t do what we do without them, they inspire great ideas, drive new plans forwards and help make Insightful Environments a fantastic place to work.