As a Design Consultant you will be integral to IE delivering smarter, healthier & sustainable design and furniture projects for leading organisations. You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting-edge solutions.
This hybrid role includes being based part-time in our IE Studio in the design heart of Clerkenwell, liaising with clients, senior project account managers and marketing, with direct access to leading insight & research with Steelcase’s global R&D.
Role Requirements – What are we looking for?
- A 2:1 degree or better, ideally in Interior/ Furniture Design or Architecture. Minimum 6 years of industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good storytelling, a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A brand ambassador who can provide great customer service to internal and external customers.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure team members understand and become engaged with, company and client processes, plans and initiatives.
- An advanced user of Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Sketchup. pCon (https://pcon-planner.com/en/) would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of current best practices and trends in the workplace & strategic design consultancies. You are interested in sustainability, with extensive knowledge of the workplace furniture market. Qualifications in an industry-standard would be advantageous (WELL AP, SKA, BREEAM etc).
- Interest &/or a qualification in Workplace Consultancy &/or Change Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering transformational client projects.
Role Responsibilities – What would you be doing?
- Proactively looking for opportunities & active in the industry network. Continuously adding value for new, plus existing clients and grow our remit in the organisation.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a wider project team in preparing and developing interior concepts, drawings / space plans, 3d visuals, space analysis and other documents relating to the design.
- Manage workflow requests and quality processes. Liaise closely with the wider team to allocate resources effectively and liaise with Steelcase channels for support needed.
- Client facing, from initial pitches to project delivery. Support client opportunities, develop design responses & supporting proposals/project content. Communicate effectively & the ability to negotiate.
- Supporting IE advancing its ESG roadmap & business strategies.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 1 extra day for your birthday.
- Pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Employee discounts and benefits scheme that includes options such as cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, private health care.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Commitment to continued professional development with internal and external training courses as well as support for further job-related education.
We’re one of the UK’s largest integrated furniture and workplace design companies. More than 60 workplace experts who use furniture, design and insights to create better work experiences, wherever work happens. We work across the UK from three locations in London, Rainham and Leeds. We partner with some of the largest companies in the world, helping transform interiors into desirable, sustainable and innovative working environments.We're also part of Steelcase, a global company with more than 11,000 employees. Steelcase is the global leader in office furniture, interior architecture and space solutions for offices which helps us stay at the forefront of changing office design trends and workplace research.